Sunday, October 10, 2010

Keeping up with the Church dates

I'm usually person that needs to have a calendar to guide me through the day or the week and tell me what's going on, what I need to be doing, where I need to be going.  I have the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Calendar to be especially helpful.  Check it out:

Orthodox Calendar

Another good idea for someone who is always on the go and relies on their calendar to tell them what they are supposed to be doing is to designate specific times during the day, like 10 minutes or 15 minutes where you just sit and pray and feel the presence of God with you.  And in those periods of time you can put down a specific prayer or the Scripture reading for the day.  Also, mark on your calendars days that Vespers, Matins, and Divine Liturgy are being held so that you are reminded that when it comes to the Church, we should make time for it, and not expect the Church to make time for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Northwest Arkansas, Arkansas, United States
My name is Ignatios Jason Rogers and I was received into the Holy Antiochian Orthodox Church at St. Nicholas in Springdale, AR on Christmas Eve of 2006. I am currently seeking the monastic path and hopefully one day will be able to enter a monastery.

Followers